Recipe by mailbelle
This sauce for fish or chicken has an interesting combination of ingredients. This recipe is from Southern Living and received their Food staff's highest rating.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans and next 4 ingredients. Cook stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.