1/1 Photo of Sweet Hot Hearty Chili
3 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe of mine that I have perfected over the years, and that is always requested of me come fall.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g beef round roast
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 small long zucchini
- 2 small long yellow squash
- 793.78 g can dei fratelli whole stewed tomatoes
- 226.79 g can hunts tomato paste
- 864.66 g can brooks mild chili beans
- 864.66 g can brooks hot chili beans
- 453.59 g can bush's great northern beans
- 453.59 g can bush's black beans
- 453.59 g bag white pearl onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 946.36 ml sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 118.29 ml hollands marsala wine
- 59.14 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 453.59 g jar dell alpe hot giardiniera
- 236.59 ml honey-flavored barbecue sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1Cut up roast into 1" cubes then put into a saute pan, add garlic and cooking wine and simmer covered over med low heat for 5 minutes.
- 2In a large pot ( I prefer an 8 quart) saute onions and peppers and mushrooms over medium heat for 2 minutes then transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add ground beef to pot and brown.
- 4Once cooked drain fat then add salt, chili powder and garlic.
- 5Cook for 2 minutes then add beans tomatoes paste, peppers and the roast.
- 6Cook for 15 minutes then add whole jar of giardinier(rinse off oil for a little less heat) and add brown sugar.
- 7Once mixed simmer for 3 hours.
- 8Serve And Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Hot Hearty Chili
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 875.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey-flavored barbecue sauce