Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe of mine that I have perfected over the years, and that is always requested of me come fall.
- 453.59 g beef round roast
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 small long zucchini
- 2 small long yellow squash
- 793.78 g candei fratelli whole stewed tomatoes
- 226.79 g can hunts tomato paste
- 864.66 g canbrooks mild chili beans
- 864.66 g canbrooks hot chili beans
- 453.59 g canbush's great northern beans
- 453.59 g canbush's black beans
- 453.59 g bag white pearl onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 946.36 ml sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 118.29 ml hollands marsala wine
- 59.14 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 453.59 g jardell alpe hot giardiniera
- 236.59 ml honey-flavored barbecue sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- Cut up roast into 1" cubes then put into a saute pan, add garlic and cooking wine and simmer covered over med low heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large pot ( I prefer an 8 quart) saute onions and peppers and mushrooms over medium heat for 2 minutes then transfer to a bowl.
- Add ground beef to pot and brown.
- Once cooked drain fat then add salt, chili powder and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add beans tomatoes paste, peppers and the roast.
- Cook for 15 minutes then add whole jar of giardinier(rinse off oil for a little less heat) and add brown sugar.
- Once mixed simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve And Enjoy.