1/2 Photos of Sweet-Glazed Spiral Meatloaf W/Ham and Swiss
1 hr 20 mins
This came out WONDERFUL, and I'm not big on meatloaf!! I glazed it nicely with dark brown sugar and honey mustard. It's filled with canadian bacon and swiss cheese! Surprisingly good!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, can sub dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, thin slices, can sub ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1In large bowl combine first 7 ingredients til very well mixed.
- 2Place mixture onto a sheet of foil.
- 3Press out to a flat, even 8"x10" rectangle.
- 4Top evenly with 6 slices canadian bacon to within 1/2" of edges.
- 5Do the same then with the swiss cheese.
- 6Roll up starting from long side, lifting and using the foil to help you roll it all up.
- 7Roll up tightly.
- 8Pinch ends and seam closed very well. Place seam side down onto cookie sheet, or keep on the foil (seam side down)and place onto cookie sheet, that's what I did. Easier clean up!
- 9Sprinkle with a little coarse ground pepper.
- 10Bake in 350º oven for 1 hour.
- 11Coat with glaze during last five minutes of baking time.
- 12Glaze: mix together honey mustard and dark brown sugar til syrupy.
- 13*Some hams can turn ground beef slightly pink. It is done in 1 hour. Just check juices to see if they are running clear.
- 14**"Do-ahead" Tip:This can be rolled up and refrigerated (covered)for up to 24 hours before baking.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet-Glazed Spiral Meatloaf W/Ham and Swiss
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.0
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 219.2 mg
- Sodium 870.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 57.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: