- 6 1⁄4 lbs immature cucumbers, cut 1 1/2 to 3 inches long or to your preference
- 6 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons pickling spices
- 8 pieces cinnamon sticks (around 1 inch long)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 cups honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cucumbers, place in a large container and cover with ice water and ice cubes-chill in refrigerator for 5 hours, drain.
- Place cucumbers in a large stainless steel pot-or enamel- and add vinegar, turmeric, and a spice bag containing the celery seeds, pickling spice, cinnamon and fennel seeds.
- Bring to a boil, add honey and return to a boil.
- Pack cucumbers into hot, scalded jars.
- Cover with boiling liquid leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Seal and process 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.