Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been making these cookies for many years. The recipe originally comes from the Foothill House B&B but I found it in a community cookbook. Refrigerating time is not included in the prep or cook time.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Blend into butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Break off small pieces of dough; roll between palms into 1-inch rounds. Dredge rounds in powdered sugar.
- Arrange rounds on prepared sheets, spacing at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes on sheets. Transfer to racks and cool.
- Store in airtight container.