1/2 Photos of Sweet Curry Chicken
The sweetness of brown sugar and honey collide with the smokey flavor of curry and the tang of soy sauce to make the most incredible, moist chicken you'll ever eat. I got this recipe from a friend and just recently tried it out on my boyfriend. (With modesty), I'll say it was fantastic! When I made this, I only used two chicken breast but used the same amount of sauce that is called for here. We love sauce, and there was still a little too much. I think this amount of sauce would be great for 4 breasts. Also, I'm sure the amount of butter can be adjusted with no real effect on the taste. This is my first posting, so I hope you enjoy!! O.K. This is an update. It seems as if the mediocre reviews are mostly due to the sweetness. I'll admit, it's very sweet. You can try to make it without the brown sugar, or maybe halving it like another reviewer suggested. (I wouldn't change the honey thought, you need that to get the right sauce consistency.) Next time I make it, I will try the same. Hope this helps!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken into strips or chunks ( I did 1 inch strips then cut them in half).
- 2Mix flour, salt, and cayenne in a big ziploc bag, add chicken and toss until fully coated.
- 3Melt half of the butter and spread it in a 13 by 9 casserole dish.
- 4Add chicken and coat with the butter as much as you can.
- 5Cook, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 6While it cooks, mix the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, curry, and remaining butter with a whisk.
- 7After it cooks for 20 minutes, take it out and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- 8Cook an additional 30 minutes (uncovered).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.6
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.4 mg
- Sodium 2083.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 61.6 g
- Protein 32.2 g