Recipe by JennyLynn99
The sweetness of brown sugar and honey collide with the smokey flavor of curry and the tang of soy sauce to make the most incredible, moist chicken you'll ever eat. I got this recipe from a friend and just recently tried it out on my boyfriend. (With modesty), I'll say it was fantastic! When I made this, I only used two chicken breast but used the same amount of sauce that is called for here. We love sauce, and there was still a little too much. I think this amount of sauce would be great for 4 breasts. Also, I'm sure the amount of butter can be adjusted with no real effect on the taste. This is my first posting, so I hope you enjoy!! O.K. This is an update. It seems as if the mediocre reviews are mostly due to the sweetness. I'll admit, it's very sweet. You can try to make it without the brown sugar, or maybe halving it like another reviewer suggested. (I wouldn't change the honey thought, you need that to get the right sauce consistency.) Next time I make it, I will try the same. Hope this helps!
Top Review by kufrejordan
I agree this is a really good recipe not only is good made with chicken breast it is awsome on center cut pork chops I made it for dinner and the family love it I used three nice size center cut pork chops and follow the directions I had some sauce left over which was ok. very good recipe very good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup butter (half is for the first cooking part, half for the glaze)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into strips or chunks ( I did 1 inch strips then cut them in half).
- Mix flour, salt, and cayenne in a big ziploc bag, add chicken and toss until fully coated.
- Melt half of the butter and spread it in a 13 by 9 casserole dish.
- Add chicken and coat with the butter as much as you can.
- Cook, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While it cooks, mix the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, curry, and remaining butter with a whisk.
- After it cooks for 20 minutes, take it out and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes (uncovered).