Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my fave lunches with some crackers and salami. Keeps for about 6 days in the fridge. Perfect for work day lunches... a batch will last you the whole week including sharing with your friends! Note: Traditional hummus calls for Tahini, but I have found that it isn't needed.
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (white kidney beans)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use Lawry's seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) plain low-fat yogurt (for more creamy texture) (optional)
- Combine and mix all ingredients in food processor, small chopper, or Magic Bullet until done.
- If it is too thick for your liking, add more olive oil.