Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it sounds delicious.
- Soak the spring roll wrappers in milk to make them moist.
- Slice the banana into thirds and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Wrap the bananas with the soaked wrappers and seal at both ends.
- Shallow fry the rolls in fresh, unused hot oil for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the rolls on a wire rack and sprinkle with castor sugar.
I tried these once at a weekend market, they are addictive! This recipe was just like the one's I ate. I have made this several times. It is so easy to make. Make sure you use softer bananas rather than greenish ones, it makes a big diference. (with green it tastes sour rather than sweet). Thanks for posting!
These are a local favorite, a contribution of the Filipino community. We call them "banana lumpia" & generally do not add sugar or cinnamon. They are highly addictive & one of my all time favorites. I don't do much frying, so have never made them, but if you don't mind frying, you should give these a try.