Recipe by foxfyre
This is the only coleslaw I'll eat! Sweet thanks to the apples and raisins, and tangy thanks to the vinegar in the dressing. You can use any kind of apples you prefer (though I'd suggest not swapping out the granny smiths). I personally prefer jonagolds or golden delicious apples to red delicious (I simply put these in the recipe because they're common everywhere).
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (or more, to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, apples, carrots, and raisins.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together sour cream (or yogurt), mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and salt until well blended.
- Keep dressing and salad separate until ready to serve.
- Stir in sunflower seeds just before serving.