Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub adds great flavor to chicken, pork, or even salmon. Coat the meat liberally with the rub and cook over a hot grill or well oiled skillet.
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Use immediately or store in an air-tight container for later use.
- To use, sprinkle a generous amount of the dry rub over meat or fish. Pat the rub into the surface of the meat to help it adhere. Grill the coated meat over an open flame or add to a hot, well oiled skillet.
We really enjoyed this tasty rub. I served it on thick lean pork chops , which I roasted in the oven. Wow, were they ever good. I can't wait to try this rub on grilled chicken breasts. The rub was quick and easy to make with ingredients always found in my pantry. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Spring Pac 2014.
This is a wonderful tasting rub. I plan to use it the next time I make roasted chicken on the rotisserie. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
Easy but a little too sweet for our family. We had it on very thick pork chops.