Recipe by PianoCook
I found these on another site. I accidentally grabbed strawberry jam instead of raspberry when I made it the first time, and it was still great. The flavor of the meat is absolutely fabulous.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed between hands
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed between hands
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chunky hot salsa
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Place a rack in the pan.
- Combine ground beef, Italian sausage, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, pressed garlic, egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese and cream. Do not over-handle or meatballs will become tough.
- Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on racks so they are not touching each other. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
- While meatballs are baking, bring salsa and raspberry jam to a simmer, stirring until well combined.
- Toss cooked meatballs with raspberry salsa until well coated. Serve in a chafing dish or crock-pot to keep warm.