Recipe by Dancer^
I made these last summer, and they we great hot or cold. Have lots of napkins.
Top Review by jeff.fargo
This very good. I added some extra brown sugar and turned up the heat a little. Try putting them back in the oven for about 5 minutes after coating them with the sauce, and then coat them again and cook for 5-10 more minutes. This helps to give it the crispy texture and caramelizes the brown sugar...
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 5 red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons japanese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the sesame seeds until light golden brown in color.
- Set aside.
- Grill the chicken wings over high heat until well cooked.
- Turn them over to make sure that both sides are evenly cooked.
- Set aside.
- Mix the chopped chili peppers, garlic, ginger, green onions, soy sauce, rice wine and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture in a large casserole and cook over high heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Add the grilled chicken wings and mix thoroughly until well coated.
- Toss in a few drops of sesame oil to bring out an appetizing aroma.
- Remove from casserole and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.