Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are tired of the same old bacon at breakfast or if you are having company over, try this rendition. A bit of kick mixed with sweetness. Comes from Sept/Oct 2004 edition of Quick Cooking.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine all seasonings and sprinkle over both sides of bacon.
- Place on 15X10X1 baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining syrup.
- Bake 6-10 minutes longer or until browned.
- Remove to paper towels.
- Serve warm.
This was wonderful! The flavour was so nice and added such a great punch to my BLT. I fryed the bacon rather than baking it because my oven was on the fritz but next time will try baking it. The only thing I would change is adding a little brown sugar next time for some added sweetness. Such a great way to doctor up bacon for something different. Thank-you so much for this tasty, easy recipe, I know I will make this often.