Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I bought a case of ramen and am always looking for recipes to use it in different ways. This was sure tasty, quick, and a great way to use up my massive ramen stock.
- 236.59 ml bell pepper, chopped (red or green, your choice)
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 4 whole green onions, thinly sliced
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 453.59 g boneless chicken breast
- 2 (170.09 g) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 118.29 ml sweet and sour sauce
- Drain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add enough water to measure 2 cups; set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and season with ginger. Heat a bit of oil and stir fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice and bring to a boil. Break the noodles into pieces and add to the skillet with the seasoning packets.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 3 minutes until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce, pepper, onion, and pineapple. Cook until the peppers are tender-crisp.
God Bless you Amy.....one legacy you left behind was a great list of fabulous recipes and this is one of them. The only change I made to this recipe was to leave out the onion. My family raved and requested we have this often. At dinner we talked about the great impact you made on the Zaar community and I am sure everywhere else you touched. I know you're watching from Heaven and are so thrilled to see your recipes tried over and over! And we are all so happy to have your great creations!
This was delicious! Easy to make and very tasty. We will be making this one on a regular basis.
Love this dish! We have it at least once a month. I substitute regular onions for the green ones, and I use all of the noodles called for but only one of the seasoning packets. Sometimes I add some maraschino cherries. Usually serve a microwaved bag of mixed oriental vegs and bread. Thanks for posting. First reviewed in Oct. 2008. Updating because I finally took photos.