Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Use up your last bits of leftover roast in this quick, tangy sauce. Serve with rice and steamed celery and green pepper. The New Look Of Beef (lowfat)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed rare roast beef
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pineapple bits
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- In a skillet, melt margarine.
- Add beef cubes and heat for 2 minutes, then stir in flour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; add to beef and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.