Recipe by saracrocker
This is the best dish to cook for any summer dinner to share with friends and family! Its quick and easy so you will still have time to enjoy every thing!! My family fell madly in love with this dish the first time I cooked it!
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in pieces
- salt and pepper
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 small onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vinegar, sugar, pineapple juice and cornstarch slurry into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer untill the sauce thickens, about 8 minuts. Remove from heat and set aside. reserve half of the sauce in a bowl to be used as dipping sauce.
- Quarter the red papper and remove the core and seeds. slice each quarter into 6 pieces, cut onion in the same size pieces and use as much as desired, cut chicken into pieces.
- Perheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat.
- On each of the skewers place 1 chunk of pineapple then chicken,then a piece of red pepper and onion. repeat with another piece of pineapple then chicken and pepper and onion. season with salt and papper to taste. Grill the skewers on oiled grill, cooking 4 minutes on each side. Brush the sweet and sour sauce all over the skewers and grill an additional 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to a serving dish and serve with the sweet and sour dipping sauce.