Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Courtesy of Cathy Lowe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken strips and add to pan.
- Brown chicken and remove to plate.
- Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until sauce begins to reduce.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This is a very good and simple chicken recipe! I doubled the sauce and used soy sauce for half of the water, and it came out perfectly. I like that the chicken was not breaded, making it a healthier dish. My whole family gobbled it up!