- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb green cabbage, chopped into 1-inch pieces, about 1/2 head
- 3 medium carrots, pared and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add to the skillet the cabbage, carrots, onion and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 10-12 minutes until the veggies are well-browned and softened. (The veggies should lightly scorch).
- Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, vinegar and pepper.
- Serve hot.