Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great side dish for most any roasted meat.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb green cabbage, chopped into 1-inch pieces, about 1/2 head
- 3 medium carrots, pared and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add to the skillet the cabbage, carrots, onion and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 10-12 minutes until the veggies are well-browned and softened. (The veggies should lightly scorch).
- Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, vinegar and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Thanks for the recipe! It was oh so delicious! None was left on the pan!!!
I found this an easily adaptable recipe. I had a bag of organic broccoli slaw on hand, and substituted soy butter, raw sugar and even threw in some sunflower seeds for a little more crunch. Came out great. Thanks for sharing.
Very good and healthy! I added cubed tempeh and made it a main course. DD, DH and I all enjoyed it. I had the leftovers cold as a salad for lunch - added a little more vinegar. Thanks for posting! Made for vegetarian recipe swap.