Recipe by Redsie
From Taste of Home.
Top Review by MsSally
This was great. I've never used seasame oil before and WOW. I loved the veggies. I added some carrot along with the other veggies and I used 99% FF ground turkey. Great recipe and my DD (3) liked it althogh she picked out the mushrooms and water chestnuts :) Definately will make this again
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook your rice.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. (original instructions called for cooking veggies first, then beef. I like to do it the other way around.).
- Add oil to pan and stir fry the broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and water chestnuts for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- Put the beef back in the skillet, add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the reserved vegetable mixture and pineapple; heat through. Serve over rice.