Recipe by Table4six
In order to commemorate Bean Day, I thought I'd share a delicious, easy baked bean recipe from my family's cookbook. This side dish goes great with grilled steak, chicken or burgers!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans, Bush's Best brand
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a large skillet until almost crisp.
- Add chopped onion to the bacon and sauté until onion is tender and bacon is crisp.
- Then add the cider vinegar and brown sugar to the skillet. Cook and stir on medium for about 5 minutes.
- Coat a glass or ceramic baking dish with non-stick spray and combine the four different types of beans list. Make sure the beans are drained before you combine them with the exception of the Bush's Best baked beans.
- Pour the contents of the skillet over the beans and give them a good stir.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I like to uncover the dish for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.