Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The taste of this will surprise you. The meat is very tender and the sauce is very flavorful. It is also easy to put together before work in the morning.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket, cut in half
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place half of the brisket in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, jelly, soup mix and pepper; spread half over meat.
- Top with the remaining meat and ketchup mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Slice brisket; serve with cooking juices.
I make this often, it's one of the families favorites. I ran out of grape jelly but had some blackberry jam on hand and used it instead and it was still great.
This recipe is so easy, and tastes great. I love it for a family dinner, and have even served it to company. The mix of sweet and savory makes it taste special.