1/1 Photo of Sweet and Salty Breakfast Sandwich
Chef Jean's Note:
This is a savory sandwich with a nice hint of sweet brown sugar. The cranberry bun is very easy to make and really brings this breakfast to the next level. If you do not use salted butter you may want to sprinkle a dash of salt on the eggs while they cook. Please don't be worried about the long list of directions, it's really not hard to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR THE BUNS:.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3In a food processor or by hand rough chop the cranberries. In a medium bowl mix the cranberries with 1 tsp brown sugar.
- 4Add the dough to the bowl and mix in the cranberries by hand. Just smash up the dough and form back into a ball.
- 5Let the dough rest while you prepare the bacon.
- 6FOR THE BACON:.
- 7Lay the bacon slices on a baking sheet covered in foil. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tsp of brown sugar. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pan to drain on paper towels.
- 8While the bacon is cooking, cut dough into 4 equal pieces and drop like biscuits onto a lightly greased baking sheet. (They really should look like biscuits). Bake for about 25 minutes or until the tops are completely golden and the bottoms are brown, but not burning.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the eggs.
- 10FOR THE EGGS:.
- 11You're just making a simple fried egg(or if you like your scrambled do that instead). Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Crack one egg into the pan and let cook until the whites begin to set.
- 12If you have room for more eggs add each one after the whites of the others have just started to set so they don't cook together quite as much.
- 13Flip the eggs over and cook until desired doneness. I do mine for about 2 minutes on each side, but it's really up to your taste here.
- 14Remove eggs from pan and let rest on a plate while you assemble the sandwiches.
- 15TO ASSEMBLE:.
- 16Cut the buns in half and but one slice of cheese, one fried egg and two slices of bacon on each.
- 17Grab a napkin cause these are a little messy :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Salty Breakfast Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 270.0 mg
- Sodium 683.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: