Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A mixture of nuts may be substituted for almonds. One tablespoon of plain yogurt may be substituted for the egg yolk, making the dish dairy. *may substitute 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, rose water, egg yolk and melted margarine. Set aside.
- Note:*may substitute 1 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, rose water, egg yolk and melted margarine. Set aside.
- Cut each egg-roll wrapper diagonally in half. Place 1 tablespoon of the almond mixture on the center of each triangle.
- Brush the edges with the egg white, lightly beaten. Cover as in a triangular turnover and press the edges to seal.
- Heat 2 cups olive or vegetable oil in a deep heavy saucepan or skillet to 375°. Test by tossing in a small bread cube, which should brown in 60 seconds.
- Carefully slide the briks into the hot oil, two or three at a time.
- Fry the briks, turning once, 20 to 25 seconds, or until golden-brown. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine the honey and lemon juice. Brush over briks, or just dust with confectioners' sugar.