Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 mins
It wouldn't seem like Christmas without these.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring
- Mix thoroughly butter, cream, and flour. Cover and chill.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll about 1/3 of dough at a time 1/8-inch thick on floured cloth-covered board (keep remaining dough chilled). Cut into 1 ½ inch rounds.
- Transfer rounds with spatula to a piece of waxed paper that is heavily coated with sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Prick rounds with fork about 4 times each.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or just until set, but not browned. Cool. Put cookies together in pairs with creamy filling.
- Creamy filling:.
- Cream 1/4 cup soft margarine, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoons Vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Tint with a few drops food color. Add a few drops water if necessary for proper consistency.