Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These have great texture and flavor. Terrific pancake. Recipe courtesy of Favorite Recipes from Quilters and Irene Dewar of Pickering, ON.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl beat eggs well.
- Add milk and oil and beat well.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and gradually stir in liquid ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Heat skillet on high with 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Spoon batter into skillet and form 4 inch pancakes.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve with syrup or jam.