Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6- Scandinavia.
Make and share this Swedish Light Rye With Caraway Bread (Abm) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached white bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup rye flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon stone ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic bread cycle, and start machine.
Made as written for a ZWT6 Family Pick, mainly because I love the darker breads that use caraway & my DH has always told me the best treat (or reward) he can get is homemade bread. He is coming home tomorrow w/lots of fresh trout he *saved from drowning* & his reward will be waiting. This bread is well-flavoured & dense, but not heavy. The aroma as it baked made me so impatient that the taste test was done w/butter slathered atop the hot bread just out of my ABM. Yummy good & I will enjoy it again toasted for my breakfast tomorrow. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)
This is such a wonderful bread! My picky DH loved it as did our dinner guest, Eric. We all thought that we'd love to try it with more caraway seed -- perhaps a tablespoon next time. Thanks, CJAY! Made for the Unrulies Under the Influence, ZWT6.