Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From recipegoldmine.com For ZWT#6
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups ground almonds
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream shortening and butter at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup confectioners sugar and salt; mix well.
- Stir in flour. Add water, vanilla extract and almonds, stirring well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten. Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Dredge warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Taste like an almond shortbread cookie to me! Very easy to make and I especially like that they are bit sized so I can eat more. Made for ZWT6 by an Unruly Under the Influence for Zingo! ZWT 6
These are very good cookies. I love that this recipe is so simple and quick to prepare with no refrigeration or rolling out of dough required. I was a bit leery of using a whole tablespoon of vanilla extract but the result was delicious. Made for ZWT6 ZINGO
Scrumptious! Reminded me of Mexican Wedding Cookies. So good! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Studentchef. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds of ZWT 6.