- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups ground almonds
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and butter at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup confectioners sugar and salt; mix well.
- Stir in flour. Add water, vanilla extract and almonds, stirring well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten. Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Dredge warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.