Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Traditional recipe taken from the Country Bed and Breakfast near Shafer, MN. The owners Swedish grandmother made this for special occasions, now it is served in the B&B.
- Measure water in to an enamel coffee pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Measure ground coffee into mixing bowl, add raw egg and mix well.
- Add this mixture into the boiling water.
- Reduce heat and stir well with long wooden spoon.
- Simmer coffee for two minutes.
- Boil hard for one minute.
- Let the coffee rest for one minute, then pour 1/4 cup cold water into the coffee to settle the grounds.
- Strain into a serving pot and serve.