Ol' Fashion Egg Coffee
photo by Ackman
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons coffee (decaf OK, but NO flavored stuff)
- 1 egg
- cold water
- Fill the coffee pot with fresh, cold water, to just a bit obove the bottom of the spout.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Meantime, mix the coffee & the egg, INCLUDING the SHELL, in a small bowl.
- When water comes to a boil, reduce heat until water is just boiling.
- Add coffee/egg mixture to the water, stirring CONSTANTLY & adjust the heat so as NOT to boil over!
- Now here's the tricky part -- stirring constantly, brew for about 3-5 minutes, until the "froth" disappears -- you can almost "feel" the water change.
- Remove from the heat & pour in about 1 to 1 ½ cups COLD water & let set for 5-10 minutes -- this will make the grounds settle to the bottom.
- There will be some grounds in the spout -- just pour them off.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong>The only thing I like better than cooking, is eating! I learned a lot about cooking from my Dad & an ornery old Norwegian cook, that I used to work for. <br />I don't get into fancy foods...just good ol' down-home, stick-to-your-ribs vittles...I'm a COOK...NOT a Chef! I <span>LUV</span> to bbq & grill!!<img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> Except for pies, I don't do much baking, such as cookies, bars or cakes...that's the wife's dept. & believe me, she does a mighty FINE job!!! <br />I'm a firm believer that flavored coffee & flavored beer should be OUTLAWED & I will NOT eat Lima Beans or Lutefisk...YUK!!! <img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /><br />Our favorite place to eat is Old Abe's...a local supper club located on a wooded back-road! We also enjoy Panera Bread, Dickey's BBQ & Picanha Brazillian Steak House!!!<br />I've been married since 1977 to the most wonderful lady a man could ever ask for. We have 9 beautiful Grandkids...5 girls 4 boys, a VERY SPOILED white German Shephard (Tori) & a VERY goofy cat (Angel)! (Both of these are rescued animals.) <br />We collect antique gasoline engines & attend several shows here in the Midwest.I also enjoy ice fishing, Milwaukee Brewers baseball, WI Badger football, but most of all, we're HUGE GREEN BAY PACKERS Fans!!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!</strong></p> 8724987"