Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
you cannot have just one, these lemon squares are to die for. i have gotten into fights with my friends over who gets to keep the leftovers!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- For Crust: Melt butter.
- Stir sugar and flour together.
- Mix the two, and pat into the bottom of 9”x13” baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For Topping: Using a spoon, combine these ingredients, adding flour and baking powder gently. Do not use electric mixer.
- Pour over baked crust carefully.
- Bake another 25 minutes until firm.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Reminder: Do not use electric mixer. Do not double this recipe. For more pungent lemon flavor, add one grated lemon rind to the egg mixture.
I made mine with limes but the topping to crust ratio is off. Next time I would double the topping.
These are delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. I used the grated rind of the whole lemon. Thanks for a good recipe. Made for PAC 2007 Fall