1/1 Photo of Suzanne's Famous Lemon Squares or Bars
you cannot have just one, these lemon squares are to die for. i have gotten into fights with my friends over who gets to keep the leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2For Crust: Melt butter.
- 3Stir sugar and flour together.
- 4Mix the two, and pat into the bottom of 9”x13” baking pan.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6For Topping: Using a spoon, combine these ingredients, adding flour and baking powder gently. Do not use electric mixer.
- 7Pour over baked crust carefully.
- 8Bake another 25 minutes until firm.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 10Cool completely before slicing.
- 11Reminder: Do not use electric mixer. Do not double this recipe. For more pungent lemon flavor, add one grated lemon rind to the egg mixture.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Suzanne's Famous Lemon Squares or Bars
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of