Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yes, silly name! I ate at a little Italian restaurant in the Bellagio Hotel on one of my MANY trips to Vegas. It was love at first bite! I begged and begged the waiter to get me the recipe. He even brought the chef out. The chef wrote down the ingredients on a napkin but would not give me amounts nor preparation instructions. I tweaked and tweaked and this is what I came up with. Funny thing is...I went back to that little restaurant after I came up with this version - ordered theirs again - and mine blew it out of the water! Hope you enjoy as well. It's delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream (I use all half and half to save on fat)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 8 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I use more)
- 3⁄4 lb scallops (small scallops)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- SAUCE - In a small saucepan, add 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil and saute 5 cloves garlic, shallots and crushed red pepper until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add in tomato sauce and wine. Simmer until flavors blend.
- Add in half and half and heavy whipping cream and heat through.
- SEAFOOD - Meanwhile, in a small saute' pan, add 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat and add in the garlic until golden and fragrant.
- Add the scallops and saute' until done (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix seafood and sauce together and toss with pasta.
- Serve hot with fresh parmesan cheese!
Wow! I have to say, I change pretty much every single recipe I cook with, just to make it my own. This needs no changes! I am a pasta lover- make it probably 5 nights a week- and this is one, if not THE, best I've ever tasted!!!
This was awesome. I made it w/ extra garlic but followed the recipe other than that. I almost feel like the time it says it takes to make is too long and i'm not a fast cook! This was super tasty and so easy to make.
Made this tonight and it is super!! Husband thoroughly enjoyed and I found it a nice change of pace from heavy tomato sauces. Will be making again and putting it my cookbook file. Thanks for sharing..it is a definite keeper.