Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 hrs
This is from a gal I worked with when I was a legal recruiter. She brought it in and everyone was in heaven. I included the cool down time in the recipe. It needs to be baked for about an hour and then cooled in the oven for another hour and then chilled for 8 hours so you'll need to make this a day ahead of when you're planning to serve it!
- 6 chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in bottom of a 7" springform pan and set aside.
- Use mixer or food processor mix cream cheese and next 7 ingredients until smooth.
- Add egg and mix until just blended.
- Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Pour this mixture over the crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree F. oven for 65-70 minutes and if you use an 8" pan, bake for 45-50 minutes.
- After baking for this time listed above, turn off the oven and open the oven door to let the cake cool down in the oven for an hour.
- After the hour, remove the cake and place it in the refrigerator for 8 hours, covered.
I used to have this recipe and lost it. I did a search on recipe zaar and found that it was here. This is a wonderful cheesecake recipe and my whole family loves it. Thanks for posting it here!