1/4 Photos of Surprising Baked Ziti
a different twist on baked ziti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (for this recipe i use cento tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup store bought pesto sauce
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2oil an 8x8 baking dish.
- 3cook pasta in salted water for 7 min, drain, and tinse.
- 4heat 1 1/2 tbsp of the oil in a pan over med- low heat.
- 5cook onion until it becomes translucent.
- 6add garlic and cook it for 30 sec.
- 7add tomato, salt, and bay leaf.
- 8raise heat to medium.
- 9simmer mixture for 10 min or until it gets very thick.
- 10remove the bay leaf and stir in 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 11in a bowl, combine the pesto, half the parmesan, the ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and the remaining black pepper.
- 12put 1/2 of the pasta in the baking dish.
- 13top with 1/3 of the sauce.
- 14spread entire cheese mixture evenly over the sauce.
- 15cover with the remaining pasta, sauce, and cheese.
- 16drizzle 1/2 tbsp olive oil over the top layer of cheese.
- 17bake until bubbling (about 30 min).
- 18let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surprising Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: