1/5 Photos of Surprise Easter Cupcakes
Aunt Paula's Note:
The surprise is a chocolate egg baked inside the cupcake! Yum! These cupcakes are so pretty, especially when you ice them with pastel colors for Easter or Spring. I got this from an old Woman's World magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil, for the cake mix
- 24 paper baking cups
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 24 small solid chocolate eggs, unwrapped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting (or your own)
- food coloring
- sugar crystals or candy sprinkles
- 1Preheat oven according to cake mix package.
- 2Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- 3Place 1 vanilla wafer in bottom of each.
- 4Prepare cake mix according to box.
- 5Fill cups halfway with batter.
- 6Place chocolate egg in center of each cup.
- 7Top with remaining batter.
- 8Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden.
- 9Cool, completely.
- 10Tint frosting with food coloring as desired.
- 11Frost cupcakes and decorate with sugar or sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surprise Easter Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: