Easter Surprise Cupcakes
photo by JFitz
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350° and insert 24 paper baking cups into muffin tins.
- Mix together, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl until blended.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk until well blended.
- Fill muffin liners 1/3 full and place a chocolate egg in the center of each.
- Top with remaining batter to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Cool and frost as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cupcakes were wonderful! Thanks Linda! I made them this past easter and everyone loved them. Slightly dry but I used a very creamy buttercream frosting that made up for it. Noticed that it was similar to surprise easter cupcakes #86865 like someone else mentioned but I liked the fact that it didn't use boxed cake mix. I tried putting the vanilla wafer in the bottom like the other recipe said but that was a bad idea. The cookies dried out and burned a little being so close to the bottom. Will definitely do it your way next time without the wafers.