Recipe by Abby Girl
When I first saw this recipe, I was skeptical, (I mean, salsa and peanut butter??)....but the recipe came from the Looney Spoons cookbooks, and I have in the past enjoyed everything that has come from there!! Surprised me.... the ingredients marry up very well. This recipe is fast and easy to make up and dump into the crock pot....or prepare for the freezer for a later date (instructions for a quick thaw). We loved this one...so much that my lovely daughter took all the leftovers to work and didn't even save me some for my lunch!!
Top Review by Joyce H.
Don't waste your good salsa. Had no flavor, so much broth that I had to drain it off, add cream of mushroom and corn starch to try and thicken it up. the upside, the rice was perfect
- 12 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Place chicken thighs over sauce; turn pieces to coat both sides.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 - 6 hours or high heat setting for 2-1/2 - 3 hours.
- Note: If preparing for the freezer, combine the chicken with the sauce in a zip lock bag. Lay the chicken thighs flat and freeze on a cookie sheet. For a quick thaw, remove the thighs and place in a sink of tepid water for 20 - 30 minutes.