Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home magazine and contributed by Erla Burkholder of Ewing, Illinois.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Cool completely; shred and place in a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup cheese and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potato mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.