Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
3 of 4 food groups in one yummy potato.
- 4 large potatoes, oblong
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup broccoli floret, small
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup colby cheese, shredded
- Scrub and prick potatoes all over.
- Wrap individually in paper towels and microwave on high for about 10 min or until potatoes are soft, turning half way. (*I usually time it for 5 minutes for 1 potato and 2 minutes per additional potato*)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice tops off of potatoes and scoop out flesh into bowl leaving a thin wall in skin.
- Mash flesh with butter, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in broccoli, ham and cheese.
- Spoon mixture back into skins heaping if necessary.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden.
A very quick weeknight meal. I had some broccoli that needed to be used, so I whipped these up, scaling it down to two potatoes. I used half milk and half sour cream for a little extra creamyness, and Dijon mustard. DH & I both enjoyed these filling & nutritious potatoes with a salad and whole-wheat rolls.
This was great! I used fresh cubed tomatoes instead of the broccoli and omitted the ham. I put in an egg white I had left over from another recipe. I didn't need the milk at all. I also added a dash of nutmeg. I finished this in the microwave (not the oven) 3-4 mins at high until the cheese melted and the egg was cooked. My picky DH loved it and it was a great quick weeknight dinner, with the addition of some salad. Thanks for posting!
Good, healthy potatoes for a light dinner. I needed a bit more milk and cheese, but I really enjoyed them. I have one in the freezer, I will comment on how that reheats later!