Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great summer salad, good for potlucks and picnics, size can be easily doubled or halved. Also adaptable to extra ingredients. I'm a purist but you could add garlic, olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, anything you like. Salt heavily, it brings out the flavor of the mozzarella.
- Boil pasta to box directions in liberally salted water. Drain well.
- Quarter tomatoes, (and cheese if necessary) Slice basil very thin.
- Combine tomatoes, cheese, and basil. Salt and pepper heavily.
- Toss together with pasta, oil and vinegar.
- Let rest an hour at least to combine flavors.