Recipe by ButterflyMom*4
Great summer salad, good for potlucks and picnics, size can be easily doubled or halved. Also adaptable to extra ingredients. I'm a purist but you could add garlic, olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, anything you like. Salt heavily, it brings out the flavor of the mozzarella.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces fresh milk mozzarella cheese (I used the little balls, but you can dice up a large ball)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta to box directions in liberally salted water. Drain well.
- Quarter tomatoes, (and cheese if necessary) Slice basil very thin.
- Combine tomatoes, cheese, and basil. Salt and pepper heavily.
- Toss together with pasta, oil and vinegar.
- Let rest an hour at least to combine flavors.