Recipe by myst_angel
I make various cookies for social gatherings and presents but this is the recipe that people always ask for. After lots of variations I think this is the best recipe I've come to. These brownies are lovely, soft and fudgy on the inside and have a crisp top layer. Perfection!
- 200 g butter
- 250 g chocolate (can be milk or dark depending on your tastes)
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stiring constantly to prevent the chocolate from burning. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate/butter mixture.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are combined and there is no visible flour/cocoa powder.
- Cover a 25 x 35 centimetre tin with baking paper.
- Pour mixture into tin. It will have quite a thick consistency so you may need to spread it evenly throughout the tin using the wooden spoon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Use a skewer or toothpick to check them every few minutes from the 20 minute mark because you want to make sure you don't over bake them! They should be cooked on the outside and just a tiny bit uncooked in the middle.