I make various cookies for social gatherings and presents but this is the recipe that people always ask for. After lots of variations I think this is the best recipe I've come to. These brownies are lovely, soft and fudgy on the inside and have a crisp top layer. Perfection!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- 2Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stiring constantly to prevent the chocolate from burning. Allow to cool slightly.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- 4Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate/butter mixture.
- 5Mix well with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are combined and there is no visible flour/cocoa powder.
- 6Cover a 25 x 35 centimetre tin with baking paper.
- 7Pour mixture into tin. It will have quite a thick consistency so you may need to spread it evenly throughout the tin using the wooden spoon.
- 8Bake for 20-30 minutes. Use a skewer or toothpick to check them every few minutes from the 20 minute mark because you want to make sure you don't over bake them! They should be cooked on the outside and just a tiny bit uncooked in the middle.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Rich Plain Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 168.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g