Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I use a BBQ chicken for this to make a super quick salad/dinner!
- 20 ml pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 300 g couscous
- 1 medium red onion
- 480 g shredded cooked chicken
- 75 g dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 80 g sultanas
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 180 ml French dressing
- Stir pine nuts and cumin seeds in a small skillet over low heat until just fragrant.
- Bring stock to a boil in large saucepan, remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover, stand about 5 minutes or until stock is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
- Stir in onion, chicken, apricots, sultanas and mint.
- Add pine nuts and cumin seeds.
- Add dressing, toss gently to combine.
This was very enjoyable. I used a chicken breast that was cooked with lemon and herbs which really added to the overall taste. It certainly lives up to it's name of Super Quick. I had to use dried mint, 1/2 tsp, and I skipped the French Dressing mainly because I simply can't imagine it adding anything good to this dish (sorry Jewelies). Mine was finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon. Saved to two of my cookbooks for repeat preformances.
This is super quick and delicious! I cooked some chicken breasts up on my George Foreman to use in this recipe and dinner was ready in a flash. I only used about 1 tsp cumin seeds because I had never used them before and wasn't sure how potent they were, and it was perfect for me that way. The toasted cumin and pine nuts and the fresh mint give this a great flavor. I omitted the red onion and used fat free French dressing. I will definitely be making this again very soon.