Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
I came up with this dish because my boyfriend loves feta and potatoes. I basically make this every night for him (and usually serve it with chicken and garlic bread) Its soooo quick and easy, yet looks quite elegant.
- Rinse and chop potatoes in quarters.
- Put the potatoes in a sauce pan with enough water to cover.
- Boil for about 8 min (or until knife tender).
- Drain and place back in the sauce pan with butter and place back on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper (or any other herbs/seasoning of your choice).
- Saute for a min or so.
- Chop and add the feta cheese.
- Stir and heat until the feta is melted, yet still retains some shape.
Very good, but I thought it needed just a bit more oomph, so I added some finely chopped chives and dill from the garden, then it was magnificent. Good basic recipe, though, and endlessly adaptable with multiple combinations of flavors. Thanks, CRyan.
I really liked this. It was extremely easy, and my husband and 3 year old liked it too. Even the 1 year old ate it! I used bacon drippings instead of the butter, and crumbled feta (not in brine). A nice side dish , I will make it again.
Quick and easy to put together with every day staples. Unfortunatly we felt it lacking in taste. Thank you CRyan for the recipe.