Recipe by Sweet**Fuzion
If you love sour cream and cheddar cheese you will really enjoy this recipe. Note: You have to chill overnight or at least 12 hours before baking this dish-it makes all the difference. Preparation time includes time to boil potatoes.
Top Review by Chef Rayne's
Love Romanoff and this recipe. I used 1 1/2 cup sour cream and added more tang with 4 oz of cream cheese, plus added 2 minced garlic cloves and it sent this recipe into over drive with great taste and texture. WOW Make sure to cool or place in fridge before adding all ingredients, it helps keep potatoes from becoming to starchy and sets flavor.
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in jacket until tender. Let cool slightly and peel then shred into a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl combine sour cream, green onions, 1 Cup of the shredded cheddar, salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp paprika.
- Gently mix the potatoes and the sour cream mix until combined and transfer to a lightly sprayed 2 quart casserole-I actually use a 9x13 dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, dust with paprika, and cover.
- PUT IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT!
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30-40 minutes.