Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
If you love sour cream and cheddar cheese you will really enjoy this recipe. Note: You have to chill overnight or at least 12 hours before baking this dish-it makes all the difference. Preparation time includes time to boil potatoes.
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- paprika (to garnish)
- Cook potatoes in jacket until tender. Let cool slightly and peel then shred into a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl combine sour cream, green onions, 1 Cup of the shredded cheddar, salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp paprika.
- Gently mix the potatoes and the sour cream mix until combined and transfer to a lightly sprayed 2 quart casserole-I actually use a 9x13 dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, dust with paprika, and cover.
- PUT IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT!
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
Love Romanoff and this recipe. I used 1 1/2 cup sour cream and added more tang with 4 oz of cream cheese, plus added 2 minced garlic cloves and it sent this recipe into over drive with great taste and texture. WOW Make sure to cool or place in fridge before adding all ingredients, it helps keep potatoes from becoming to starchy and sets flavor.
Was going to have on Thursday but then got thru the recipe and saw have to chill overnight...I have a problem with reading ahead!! So had on Friday with meatloaf. Were very tasty made as directed. Sour cream, cheese and potatoes; you can't go wrong at my house!! Will make again. Made for Fall 2009 PAC. Update: 11/5/09 made again and got a picture this time. Was enjoyed by all!! Made for Slide into Sides 2009.