Recipe by Jude #3
An oriental-style dish,adapted from a low-fat cookbook. The original recipe was a stir-fry but I like to use enough stock that the finished dish has something of a sauce.
- 10 -12 ounces lean beef, strips
- cooking spray
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 6 mushrooms
- 1⁄2 an onion (or use spring onions)
- soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 380 ml beef stock (I used 2 oxo cubes. If you want just use one and half the liquid, result, a drier dish.)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up all the vegetables into stir-fry sized pieces. Strips look good but I find that slices are easier.
- Spray a large pan with the spray oil and fry beef strips for about 5 minutes Remove from heat.
- Add beef stock and veg, along with ginger and garlic. Stir.
- Return to heat and cover. Simmer on a high heat for another 3 mins, till some of the stock is evaporated.
- Add soy sauce and sugar, stir well, and stir on the hob for a few more mins until cooked to your liking. You could serve this dish with noodles or boiled rice.