Recipe by kiwidutch
"This sandwich is called a 'Media Noche' which translates to 'Midnight.' It is not exactly a "traditional" Cuban sandwich, for those of you fortunate to have had one, but this one makes a wonderful dinner sandwich because it is served hot. A nice side dish is black bean soup or black beans and rice, and plantain chips. COOKS NOTE: Bust out your Foreman Grill, or Panini Press! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Cuba.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 1 cup dill pickle slices
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Italian dressing.
- Spread mixture on hoagie rolls.
- Spread each roll with mustard.
- On each roll, arrange layers of turkey, ham, and cheese.
- Top each with dill pickle slices. Close sandwiches, and brush tops and bottoms with olive oil.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Cook sandwiches for 2 minutes, pressing down with a plate covered with aluminum foil. Flip, and cook 2 more minutes, more or less!