Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
"This sandwich is called a 'Media Noche' which translates to 'Midnight.' It is not exactly a "traditional" Cuban sandwich, for those of you fortunate to have had one, but this one makes a wonderful dinner sandwich because it is served hot. A nice side dish is black bean soup or black beans and rice, and plantain chips. COOKS NOTE: Bust out your Foreman Grill, or Panini Press! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Cuba.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 1 cup dill pickle slices
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Italian dressing.
- Spread mixture on hoagie rolls.
- Spread each roll with mustard.
- On each roll, arrange layers of turkey, ham, and cheese.
- Top each with dill pickle slices. Close sandwiches, and brush tops and bottoms with olive oil.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Cook sandwiches for 2 minutes, pressing down with a plate covered with aluminum foil. Flip, and cook 2 more minutes, more or less!
I made these last night and they were really delicious, we were licking our fingers. I did add some salami slices to the meat.
This was a delicious sandwich..made it in my Panini press... Such a fast sandwich to put together too...I made it in the morning and wrapped in plastic wrap and brought to work to heat up in Panini press. I cut the recipe in half since we were only 2....but I also cut back on the mayo, Italian dressing... 1/2 cup is way too much for just 2 hoagies..so just eyeballed it and it was about 1/4 amount of the full recipe...It was a very yummy sandwich and very filling....just had a great salad on the side Sarasota's Fresh Tomato and Olive Relish . Both went so well together. The pickle added a very nice crunch to the sandwich. Will be making this one again...thanks for sharing your recipe kiwidutch
This makes one big fat yummy sandwich...I really enjoyed this (but minus the pickle-sorry, just can't do it!!).
The mayo/dressing/mustard combo is very tasty and really compliments the ham,turkey and cheese.
Thanks kiwi-made for PRMR.