1/2 Photos of Super Fudgy Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
Patrick Bannasch's Note:
Adapted from "Everyday Food". I used bittersweet (60% cocoa) chips and special dark cocoa powder for a dark, rich brownie; if you put the powder in with the chips and butter to melt it smooths out any lumps in the cocoa powder. Prep/cooking time do not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush a 9-inch square baking pan with butter; line the bottom and 2 sides of the buttered pan with parchment paper (leaving a 2-inch overhang for lifting), then butter the paper and set pan aside (this makes for easy removal; it's worth the time!).
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 4Place the chocolate and butter in a large heat-proof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- 5Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Remove bowl from saucepan.
- 7Add sugar and mix to combine.
- 8Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- 9Add flour mixture; mix until just moistened (do not over-mix unless you like your brownies tough).
- 10Transfer to prepared pan; smooth top.
- 11Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 12Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- 13Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan, leaving on paper to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 14Using a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.
- 15Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Fudgy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 84.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g