Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I created this easy side dish for my DH who is very picky with regards to what vegetables he will eat.
- Slice up zucchini cross wise in thin slices about 1/8" thick.(Does not have to be precise). Set aside.
- In skillet on medium low heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and saute onion, stirring frequently until tender about 3-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini stirring frequently to lightly saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and then sprinkle dill weed. Stir the dill evenly throughout.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
This was good. A bit too much dill for our taste--used 1 tsp. dried dill--and it turned out great, and was even better the next day! Thank you for posting this.
Very yummy and they were better at room temp than hot. I used a lot less dill, probably more like 1 tsp of dried, which was enough for us. Mine also took about 10 minutes for the zucchini to cook. UPDATE: On day 3, I reserved the left-overs to hubby along side his left-overs from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (chicken, crabcake, mushrooms) and with all that yummy food, he said, "wow, this zucchini is really good". Kudos to you on this recipe, Acadia.
I only had a brown onion on hand but it was sweet enough. I also added mushrooms and crookneck (yellow) squash and just sprinkled the dill over the top until I felt it was enough. Delicious! Not overpowering and just enough seasoning to be very tasty. Thank you!