These are tasty and very easy. Make sure the cake mix you are using doesn't have milk or butter products in it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vegan Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a mixer, stir up the cake mix to break up lumps.
- Melt margarine in the microwave.
- In a blender, place the brown sugar, melted margarine, vanilla, egg replacer and water, pulse to blend thoroughly.
- Stir into the cake mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes. They will flatten and get a crinkly look on the top.
- Let cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.